Sunday, December 13, 2009

Keeping a positive attitude

I have a lot of friends, all types. Best friends I can talk to are the best. There are some that have offered me rooms. And a house to rent! My neighbor across the street is a dear lady of 81, who said I could stay in her house. She would be a great roommate! Except I don't want to impose on anyone. And I know we all start off good, and then we start irritating each other! Don't want to do that...
Trying to act normal. I went to the Women's Club Christmas tour with my friend Deb, (she also offered me a room) that was fun. Everyone has different houses and different tastes.
Some simple and nicely done, a couple over the top with decorations and as many things as there are places to put them in.
A problem I have is my stuff, I've been a collector for years, and now the beautiful little antiques I've adored are worth less, and I can't move them with me.

Resources: I found out that the bank who foreclosed on the house will sell it back to my buyer I had who was going to rent it back to me. So, if my buyer hangs in there, maybe I'll get to stay.
What else can I do? Get a renter? I am looking on Craigslist to see who's out there, looking.
It's an eclectic mix of folks, crossdressers, college professors, punks, art students, single mothers with babies, needing something right now.
When I know that I get to stay, then I'll see who I can get to rent to.
All ideas are good ones. And we never know what tomorrow will bring.
The thing I keep telling myself, if I'm down and out one day, the next day will come a new idea, a new plan, or a good friend with a great idea.
When I told my neighbor John, that I might have to leave, he said, "Katie, we can't lose you, you're the glue that keeps the downtown together!" What a nice compliment.
He said, he had his brother in law staying in his basement. We all have stuff. We are all trying to get by.
I had an interview at Tiffany's last week. That would have been cool, to work in such a lovely store. But alas, it was not to be. Maybe I didn't fit the profile? Or too old? Or maybe they hired someone who's sold jewelry before.
That's it!
Anyway, maybe getting by til the next idea comes along.
Selling jewelry? Or babysitting? Or maybe I'll sell a house!
All ideas are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment